Wooden Bead Necklace
- Strip of fabric (approximately 90cm x 9cm)
- 11 wooden beads with a large hole in them
- Sewing Machine
1. Cut strip of fabric approximately 90cm x 9cm. You need to make sure it will be wide enough for the beads to fit inside once you have allowed for seams. You can make any length you want just make sure you allow for a tie.
2. Fold the fabric in half lengthways and inside out, pin in place. Mark a 10cm gap, 10cm’s from one end.
3. Stitch the fabric together .75cm from the edges of the fabric, you can round the ends slightly if you prefer, or leave them square. Make sure you leave the 10cm gap open so you can get the beads inside. Back tack at the beginning and end of each seam.
4. Turn the necklace in the right way so the seams are hidden and iron it so it is flat and even.
5. Thread the beads on, one outside, one inside until you have threaded all the beads.
6. Sew the gap closed close to the edges of the fabric. Back tack at the beginning and end of the seam.