Visit Coordinator Volunteer, Phnom Penh
This is a one-year, full-time, volunteer position based in Phnom Penh, Cambodia. The person hired will be responsible for providing his or her own transportation to Cambodia and all living costs.
The overall goal of the position:
- To plan, organize, and facilitate all visits from donors, prospective donors, church groups, and others to Hagar Cambodia in a manner that is aligned with Hagar’s strategic plan, sensitive to privacy issues of Hagar clients, respectful to staff time, and inspiring to visitors.
Background on Hagar
Hagar is an international Christian organisation dedicated to the recovery of survivors of extreme human rights abuse, particularly human trafficking, gender-based violence, and sexual exploitation. Hagar was established in Cambodia in 1994 and expanded into Afghanistan in 2008 and Vietnam in 2009. A growing network of support offices exist in developed countries (US, UK, Australia, Hong Kong, New Zealand, and Singapore); each exists with the core mission of supporting Hagar’s work overseas.
This position will report to Hagar’s Communication Manager. Key responsibilities include:
- Monitor and respond to visitor requests from Support Offices and from Hagar’s general email account
- With the Communications Manager, coordinate and schedule all visits to Hagar projects in Cambodia
- Host and facilitate visiting groups to Hagar
- Develop relevant presentations for visiting groups; train Hagar staff to ensure excellent delivery, as needed.
- Evaluate each visitor experience and report back to appropriate Support Office
- Maintain the visitor database and ensure relevant documents are received from and sent to Support Offices as required.
- Collate and analyze visitor data bi-annually
- Work with the Hagar Programming and Communications team to support other aspects of Hagar’s work and communications internationally
- Respond to informational requests from support offices, providing information relevant to newsletters, proposals, presentations, and general interactions with donors and prospects.
In addition where possible opportunities will be given to gain experience and develop skills in other relevant areas within Hagar, dependent on skills and interests.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills, both oral and written
- Strong interpersonal skills and proven ability to work as team member
- Hard working, innovative and likes to show initiative
- Strong time management skills, ability to work under pressure to deadlines and ability to prioritize tasks
- Ability to be flexible to changing deadlines and work priorities
- Excellent relational skills, especially in a cross-cultural context
- Support for the Christian identity of Hagar International
- Ability to raise/provide financial support to meet all personal needs for one year in Cambodia
- Personal passion and commitment to Hagar’s mission
The ideal candidate will hold a Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience preferably in the areas of Journalism, Communications, or Marketing. Previous experience living/working overseas is preferred and at least one year of work, internship, or volunteer experience, relevant to the position.
Living costs in Phnom Penh are estimated between US$700-1,100 per month. Volunteer’s financial supporters may be able to receive tax deductibility by giving through Hagar in some countries.
For more information or to apply:
Submit resume, cover letter, and names/contact information of three professional references to Hagar at firstname.lastname@example.org. Information provided should include responses to these three questions: motivation for applying for the position, international experience, and general plan for procuring financial support. A criminal background check will be required. For more information about Hagar, please visit www.hagarinternational.org.
Application deadline: April 30, 2014
Start date: Ideally May, 2014