Country Director, Myanmar
Hagar is an international Christian organisation, registered as a foundation in Switzerland which works tenaciously with women and children who have survived extreme cases of abuse and exploitation. Hagar cares for them until they can care for themselves, doing whatever it takes in recognition of the deep wounding of severe abuse. Field offices are located in Cambodia, Afghanistan and Vietnam. Funding for those offices comes from support offices in Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, the UK and the USA.
Hagar Myanmar’s office will open its doors in late 2013 and will adapt Hagar’s innovative and holistic programmes to meet the needs of survivors of abuse and exploitation in Myanmar. The country director will lead the strategic expansion of Hagar’s programmes in Myanmar ensuring the delivery of quality programmes and increasing the reach to other target groups and locations throughout the country
Our Mission: Whatever it takes for as long as it takes to restore a broken life!
Hagar is now looking for a passionate, qualified and competitive candidate to fulfill the vacant position of “Myanmar Country Director” to strategically lead, direct and manage the implementation of all aspects of Hagar Myanmar as an effective member of Hagar International; and to ensure the ministry impact is consistent with Hagar’s identity and the highest of cost effectiveness and accountability. This position will be based in Yangon.
The right candidate for the Country Director will be:
- Passionate and committed to social justice
- Entrepreneurial, creative, results focused
- Able to relate well with stakeholders from both faith and secular communities
- Cross-culturally competent, especially in Asian contexts
- A strategic thinker, systematic and detailed
- Able to handle pressure well!
- Able to inspire, lead, coach and manage a team
- University degree preferably at the postgraduate level
- Requires substantial management experience where there is evidence of both responsibility and accountability, including at least five years’ experience in development work in a developing country
- Basic financial management skills and experience
- Senior management experience in the acquisition and management of government or multilateral grants/contracts is critical
- Experience in managing crisis situations requiring clear thinking, sound decision making and rapid response
- Demonstrated capacity to create and/or maintain systems and procedures for managing programmes with multiple implementation sites, partners and beneficiaries
- Experience building and growing an organization, hard-working with staff and partners through the necessary changes required of growth.
- Fluency in English and knowledge of the local language, or a willingness to learn Burmese.
To apply send Cover Letter and CV to email@example.com. There is no deadline for application as the recruitment will remain open until a qualified individual is appointed, preferably by the first quarter of 2014. Candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible; shortlisting will take place as applications are received.
Application Form are available at: www.hagarinternational.org/employment